Monday, April 13, 2015

Letter 4/13/15



Dear Blog

This week I've been thinking a lot about faith. Faith--trust and hope in God and His Promises, and most importantly a firm belief in the atonement of Jesus Christ--proceeds miracles. Truly I have seen even a glimmer of faith be fueled into a powerful force. On the flip side, though, I have seen that a lack of faith is more detrimental than almost anything.

There's a scripture in the Book of Mormon that says "Have miracles ceased?" Then it goes on to explain that if they have then it is because of people's lack of faith.

I've been working my entire mission on my faith. It's what most everything comes down to. That may sound strange but it is truth. As I increase my faith--and especially involve God completely in that process--I find that I am happier. I start understanding things that I hadn't before. I change. 

No matter what amount of faith a person has--no matter if they have even a fleck--they can exercise it and see it grow. That's where everything starts. Faith.

Love,
Sister Short 

No comments:

Post a Comment