Monday, July 14, 2014

Letter 7/13/14

So sorry everyone for being so spotty the last few weeks! It's been hectic. I got a little sick (the kind that makes you  REALLY tired even though you're not really that sick) so I didn't do the best job being put together speed wise to write everyone.

You know, I've learned something the last few weeks here that I thought I knew but didn't. The Lord really speaks to us in really special ways-- if we are paying attention. Heavenly Father has blessed me greatly and tenderly so much in this area. He has led me to people who truly have an open love of God. Most of these people are open and ready to accept the Gospel. I have seen the joy of hearing the restored gospel so starkly here.

We have met some who, for whatever reason, are not ready to accept the Gospel yet, and yet I keep hoping that the right missionaries will come along to give it to them. I pray for it.
I have seen so much. This last week, one of the Karen people who has fantastic English, came to the ward for the first time since moving in. He has agreed to come and translate every week. This makes me so happy! I want them to have the restored Gospel so much!
The Lord has provided ways . The Lord is preparing the world for his words . I can"t wait for the day when Clarksville, AR has a Karen ward! I can't wait for every humble heart to have the words of God sink deep into their souls.

I love this living Gospel led by a living God through living prophet on the earth. I love how it makes so much sense and feels so good--and all this knowledge comes from exercising enough faith to search and know. "Ask and ye shall receive. Knock and it shall be opened unto you." We pray and then we act.  Over and over we do this until one day the answer comes. I hope and pray that everyone will seek out the truth--will study the Book of Mormon. That each person will ask some missionaries how that book came to be and then they will read and see the goodness of that book. I pray everyone will just ask God and see. Truth like that can only be obtained through the Spirit. So ask.

I hope everyone who knows me knows how much this Gospel means to me. Imperfect as I am, I never gave up asking until I knew one way or another. God told me. If you really want it, God will tell you too. 
Love, 
Sister Short  

 Thought for the day - 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love and of a sound mind".  God hath not given you the spirit of fear.  That comes from the adversary.  The Lord has given you the power of love, and a sound mind; the power of the priesthood, the power of your call, love for the gospel which you teach, for the people you teach, and for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment