Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Letter 9/21/14

My mom sent me this thought this week:
      Thought for the day comes from Stand a Little Taller by President Gordon B. Hinckley.  D&C 6:10 "Behold thou hast a gift, and blessed art though because of thy gift.  Remember it is sacred and cometh from above."               You need never feel inferior.  You need never feel that you were born without talents or without opportunities to give them expression.  There is something of divinity in you.  You have such tremendous potential because of your inherited nature.  Every on of you was endowed by your Father in Heaven with a tremendous capacity to do good in the world.  Cultivate the art of being kind, of being thoughtful, of being helpful.  Refine within you the quality of mercy which comes as a part of the divine attributes you have inherited.
     So, I was thinking, God is really kind. God is so kind that he gives us exactly what we need when we need it. I so often feel weak, but I keep asking for help. I keep asking and trying, and I've found that the Lord gives me exactly what I need in exact second I do. Like yesterday; I have been studying the atonement so much! I'm trying to learn how to use it in my life more and understand it more. Yesterday I got my answer in a tender way. Also yesterday, we didn't know where to go at one point and we drove to like 2 places thinking they would be good. Finally, because we needed to finish planning, we drove to the Walmart parking lot. We were talking about how we can get members to participate more and things like that, and then I just decided that if I wanted everyone else to do hard things I needed to. So, I got out of the car and went and talked to a worker there. We got his number and everything and will be setting up an appointment soon. 
Love,
Sister Short

No comments:

Post a Comment