Monday, October 20, 2014

Letter 10/20/14

Dear Blog,
So, I was just thinking, my area here is just awesome. The members here are phenomenal! Like, for example, yesterday, in relief society one of the members here specifically prayed for Sister Powell and I and for the missionaries around the world. That's not all though. She prayed that we would have the opportunity to share the gospel and that "we as member's would bring those opportunities to them." It touched my heart so much! Do you all know what it means to us as missionaries to hear us prayed for AND for us to hear members asking for help helping us? It makes us feel so happy.

Another story; last week we had a dinner with some members of our ward. The Sister told us, as we chatted, about all the people she is working with and wanting to share the Gospel with. She expressed her love for President Keogh (our Stake President) for helping her see that missionary work was just inviting others to more fully feel the Saviors love. She told us how this changed her perspective of it, and now it was exciting and not something daunting and scary. She told us that her goal is to find someone for us to teach. I feel so blessed by her kindness, and I want to work so much harder because of it. 

So, I was really just thinking of how blessed I am. I am so impressed with the members here--they are simply AMAZING. I'm so grateful to be here as a missionary and to experience all of these things!
Also, one other thing; I feel so blessed to be companions with Sister Powell! I wish all of you could experience all the spunk that's packed into her! She's so sweet and awesome and just a powerhouse! 
Well, keep up the great work everyone! I'll talk to you all soon!

Love,
Sister Short

No comments:

Post a Comment