Monday, October 6, 2014

Letter 10/5/14

Dear Blog,
I've been thinking how funny it is how much we think we know. Sometimes we think we know. But as I watched conference I really got this feeling of how much God knows. I went with questions, and I can truly see that as I listened actively for those answers then God showed me what I needed to know.

 I am so thankful for our Prophet and his Councillors, the 12 Apostles, and the 70. I feel like I can feel the nearness of God's forever when I hear them speak His words. I don't know how I would make it without them. Without Prophets there would be no eternal views voiced to us as a flock--there would be no scripture. I am so thankful for all scripture--modern and ancient. Can we even begin to grasp the tenderness of God in this? Do we appreciate that the words we heard are our future--if followed we are heeding the words of God. If ignored or disregarded...we have chosen to walk on our own wisdom. It breaks my heart to think of this. It breaks my heart that so many don't know yet. It breaks my heart that so many that do know, don't care nearly as much as they should.

I pray that each of us took--and especially continues to take--full advantage of the word of God. Feel its peace; find your answers. Look and live. 
How tender God is.

Love,
Sister Short

 Thought for the day - 2 Nephi 10:16 "They who are not for me are against me, saith our God."  The cause of Christ does not need your doubts; it needs your strength and time and talents; and as you exercise these in service, your faith will grow and your debts will wane.  You need the Church, and the Church needs you.  The cause of Christ does not need critics; it needs workers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment