Monday, November 10, 2014

Letter 11/9/14

Dear Blog,
Ok, so, I have some stories this week!

First, we were blessed with 3 new investigators! I am so excited! They know TONS of people in the ward and TONS more really want to meet them! I am so excited!

Second, we came home from our meeting on Tuesday really ready to do amazing things. We had lunch and as we were eating we heard a knock at the door (of the member's house). So Sister Powell feels like we should answer it and I feel like I should take my bag. Anyways, we end up talking to the man and giving him a Book of Mormon and a pass-along card! We totally would have taught him except he lived in Georgia. So, in other words, a lesson knocked on OUR door! The hastening is real!

Also this week I had to get a flu shot and my insurance wasn't working so I had to pay for it out of pocket--I didn't like that. I was actually really annoyed. But you know what? God is so kind! He knew I was upset. So, later in that week there was a member who was telling me about some boots she bought and I told her I needed some new ones (mine were sort of falling apart) and she offered to get me some. I said sure, let me just go see if I have enough cash in the car for some. But no. Our feet were the same size and so she GAVE me the brand-new ones she had just bought. It was SO kind! And this member wasn't even in my ward! It was just a kind tender mercy from God. All week these little things were tender mercies from God. 

Scripture for today;
3 Nephi 18:25   "And ye see that I have commanded that none of you should go away, but rather have commanded that ye should come unto me, that ye might feel and see; even so shall ye do unto the world;"

With love and hope,
Sister Short

No comments:

Post a Comment