Monday, March 30, 2015

Letter 3/29/15

Dear everyone,
How are you all? :) Good I hope! 

I'm just brand new to my new area! It's weird because I know I only have six weeks here--so I know how long I have to work. I think it's making me somewhat frenzied. Six weeks is really not very long. 

Something I'm coming to be more and more aware of is how everything we are taught in the church are linked. It's easy to look at a doctrine and not understand it. It's so easy. But if we look at every teaching it will inevitably link to a doctrine which inevitably leads back to the atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And the reason for the atonement? The reason is, simply, because God loves us. God loves us and we are His children. Simple. Each and every true doctrine and teaching leads back to that central idea--so when we live that teaching we learn more about God's love and our Savior's atonement. It's not enough to spend our lives living the doctrine. We aren't saved by living the teachings of the Savior or any of his designated prophets. That's not the point. The point is for us to be changed in our hearts to become who we are meant to become. I have seen so much how people miss the point and it's so very sad. But when people get it? That's why I serve. Because when people actually get it they are forever changed. That's what makes it worth it.

I hope each of us takes the opportunities that God gives us to deepen our understanding of the Atonement and our Heavenly Father's love. 

Love,
Sister Short

No comments:

Post a Comment